What: 11th Annual Plant Sale
Date: Sunday May 16, 2021
Time: 9 AM to 1 PM
All COVID safety protocols will be in place.
We are excited to be able to hold this event again since the Plant Sale is the primary fundraiser which supports the Garden Committee’s goals to:
- Enhance, through the gardens, the spiritual experience of members and guests.
- Design, improve, and maintain the synagogue gardens.
- Nurture and create new ideas, as necessary, for the Bet Ha’am gardens.
- Plant and harvest produce in raised beds to donate to food relief programs.
- Support the congregational educational programs for adults and students as they relate to tending the earth.
When the garden committee began this event, we had no idea the plant sale would become the successful fundraiser it has proven to be. We realized the garden projects we envisioned were beyond the congregation’s budget, so we thought to give a plant sale a try to help provide the necessary revenue. We are blessed to live in an area where avid gardening is widespread. We invite congregants and friends to dig and share your perennials, shrubs, extra seedlings. Donate an extra plant or flat you purchase from your favorite garden center. Your donations will provide a wide variety and quantity of flowering and foliage plants and veggie starts for our customers to purchase. Starting May 9, leave your donations near the raised beds, labeled with name and care. Please be part of our team!
We look forward to a fun and exciting day, while observing the COVID restrictions we’ve learned to navigate this past year with social distance and patience. Though religious school is virtual on May16, come on over and shop for locally dug plants and shrubs at great prices. To visit our webpage, go to bethaam.org and click on Events where you will find a link to “Plant Sale.” Or contact firstname.lastname@example.org